You might think that hiring an Interior Designer is only for the rich and famous, but actually hiring an Interior Designer is a smart way to go at any budget. Here are some of the tops reasons.
1. Hiring an Interior Designer will save you money. How many times have you purchased something and have no where to put it, or purchased something and it doesn’t fit or look quite right and you end up getting rid of it shortly there after? Hiring an Interior Designer can help save you money by suggesting purchases that will work and fit into your home decor. A Designer will help you purchase quality items that will last longer and can transition with moves or changes. Designer’s also have trade access and discounts that are often passed on the client, so you can purchase higher quality items for the same or lower than you would pay buying retail. An Interior Designer can help you get it right the first time.
2. An Interior Designer has access to trade only showrooms and products. Buying retail is like have a choice of vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry ice cream. But buying through an Interior Designer opens the world to a whole rainbow of colors. When you purchase through an Interior Designer you have access to a fabulous world of fabrics, furniture, and other products that cannot be found in retail.
3. Designers have an array of associates. One of the biggest challenges facing homeowners and business when deciding on a new project or remodel is how to find quality craftsmen and trades. Designers work with the trades daily, and they often know the best of their craft, from general contractors to upholsters to custom woodworkers, a Designer has contacts that will help ensure your project is done professionally.
4. Coordination and Project Management. Projects such as renovations and remodels can involve a lot of different processes and a lot of different people working on the same space. A Designer has experience coordinating such projects, and can facilitate the work flow and timing of the installation. A Designer can also act on your behalf to manage and oversee the project, and ensure that the work is proceeding according to schedule and most importantly correctly.
5. Fresh ideas and perspective. Sometimes it doesn’t matter how talented you are and how good your taste is, when you live in a home for a while, you can lose the ability to have an objective perspective. Bringing in a Professional can give you a new and fresh perspective of the space.
6. You’ll get more use out of your furniture. A Designer can help you make quality choices in furniture that will last decades. With such quality and classic pieces, you may only need occasional reupholstering to refresh your look.
7. You’ll get more use out of your space. A Designer can help you get more use of out of your space by designing a space that is functional and usable as well aesthetically pleasing.
8. Free marriage counseling! Some couples have differences of opinions and tastes when it comes to buying something as simple as a couch; image the complications that arise when redoing a whole room or renovating a home. Hiring a Designer can help find keep your marriage sane, by offering an outside perspective and recommending materials that you will both love.
9. You’ll have more time to do the things you love. Let’s face it not everyone loves designing and buying for their home. Hiring an Interior Designer will allow to you avoid the things you dread, and move on to enjoy the things you do love.
10. Your home is still not done. And it may never get done! Give your home the priority it deserves. Bringing in a Professional Interior Designer to get those rooms and projects done once and for all, and enjoy your home the way you dreamed it to be.
By: Zarita de la Cerda, an Interior Designer in San Diego and San Francisco areas.